Welcome to the website of the Scottish Audit of Intracranial Vascular Malformations (known as 'SAIVMs' for short).
SAIVMs is a national clinical audit, which is the result of a multicentre,
multidisciplinary collaboration between representatives of the four Scottish neuroscience
centres, other relevant specialists throughout NHS Scotland, patients, and general
SAIVMs evaluates health services for patients with IVMs, in order to:
Please expand the left-hand menus, or the links at the top of this page, to navigate this website and discover more about this national clinical audit.
- monitor equity of access to treatment;
- monitor patterns of intervention;
- monitor the outcomes of patients who do and do not receive interventional treatment (and thereby monitor the beneficial and adverse effects of these interventions);
- assess the health economics of treatment use;
- strive for quality improvement in clinical services in Scotland;