Incorrect diagnosis of an IVM *
Certain other types of vascular malformation:
- Venous malformation (developmental venous anomaly)
- Vein of Galen malformation
- Capillary malformation/telangiectasis
- Spinal vascular malformation
The participant opts out of the audit data collection.
* If any participant is found to have received an incorrect diagnosis of an IVM after review of their CT/MR/angiogram by the register's neuroradiologist(s), they are excluded and their consultant and GP are informed. However, less than 'definite' certainty, as above, does not necessarily exclude a participant, because their management may proceed with this working diagnosis, without further investigation.